8 In Blog/ Uncategorized/ Writing

2016 Reader Survey (When it Feels like You're Talking to a Wall)

[Click here to go directly to the 2016 Reader Survey!]

Over here on my side of the computer things feel kind of isolated sometimes.

I write and I edit and I preview and I take a deep breath and I push publish. And then I wonder who I’m even writing to. I get likes sometimes, I gain subscribers, I can see I’ve had visitors. But I don’t know who you are. I don’t know why you came by, what you read, how you ended up clicking “like” at the bottom of the page before you went on with your day.

Most days it feels like I’m talking to a wall.

I imagine you are a good person to know, very nice, interesting and kind. I’d like to be friends, to make things more comfortable over here, to help you feel at home. So would you help me, please? Just click here and fill out a brief reader survey, it’ll only take a moment.

It is a short survey – just a few easy questions that you’re sure to know the answers to. I am eager to find out more about you so we can connect better here, so I can drill a hole through the wall and get a glance at the face that looks back. Let’s be friends.

_______________

(I know your time is valuable. Even the ninety seconds it will take you to answer these questions is time that could be spent doing something else. Perhaps I can pay you back with the chance to win an $15 Amazon gift card? Just be sure to enter your email address in at the end of the survey, I will announce winner on September 30th.)

You Might Also Like

8 Comments

blogmefast
    September 14, 2016 at 10:26 am

what a good post ! I’ve noticed that many blogger have mentioned in their posts that they often feel unheard and discouraged cuz hardly anyone visits or remain friend for very long. It is a reality of life that we are alone even in the big Internet.

greeroharah
      September 19, 2016 at 10:03 am

Yes – the internet is a big place! Thanks for commenting – it makes it feel much less isolated!

Angy
    September 15, 2016 at 8:50 am

I like your style, your designe for your blog and the way you write, and of course, your photography, I really enjoy them! I think, you has a good eye for that =)

greeroharah
      September 19, 2016 at 10:03 am

Thank you so much, I appreciate your feedback!

Grace @ Cultural Life
    September 16, 2016 at 3:03 am

I took the survey. 🙂 I agree it can be hard to send blog posts out into the faceless void of the internet, but I’ve found that over time I’ve built up a small community of regular readers, whose blogs I follow and who follow my blog.

I enjoy interacting with other bloggers and the comments section is a great place to do that and get to know other bloggers. I see it as a way of starting a conversation and I prefer it when bloggers respond to comments.

greeroharah
      September 19, 2016 at 9:57 am

Thank you so much for taking the survey! Slowly but surely we’ll build our communities!

Tessa Johnson
    September 21, 2016 at 1:28 pm

Since being your sister I’ve known you for a long time, but now that you’re married and live far away I haven’t had much time to talk to you. That’s why I’m glad for your blog. I feel like I’m getting to know you better 🙂

greeroharah
      September 22, 2016 at 8:33 am

Thanks, Tess! It is so good to be able to connect with you on here!