169 In Home/ House and Home/ Uncategorized

Choosing to Stay

Seven. That’s the number of consecutive summers I spent moving. Some were minor moves, across town to college dorms. Some were more significant – across state borders and into new communities. Sometimes even multiple moves in one summer. Hunting down cardboard boxes, cleaning out refrigerators, living out of a suitcase. These were the things making up the months of July and August for seven years in a row.

This summer is a different story. For the first summer in my adult life I am not moving. We have found our dream home and we won’t be leaving it anytime soon. Nestled in the trees above a garage on the most beautiful lot in town, we are thriving in a brand new studio apartment. Instead of moving our possessions to yet another location, instead of uprooting, packing and unpacking, instead of being in transition and on the move, this summer is one of staying still. And it feels so good.

In order to stay in one place though, we had to make a choice. We had to choose settling down over moving away, to hold still instead of running toward something else. We had to decide that where we were was worth our investment.

It’s not easy to hold still at this stage in life – the mid-twenties, newly married, childless and petless stage. There’s opportunities around every corner, a myriad of options before us that would lead us down new paths. Everything looks shiny and this world-sized oyster we’re presented with teases us with all its tantalizing possibilities. We could discover a new job, a new house, a new city, a new community, a new church every other week.

But with each option we pick up and try on we are saying no to the opportunity to invest in what we have right in front of our faces.

IMG_8883IMG_8353IMG_7994IMG_7606IMG_4604

For the first time in my life I am deep cleaning my home for its own sake, and not to avoid losing our security deposit. I took pots and pans out of the cupboards and cleaned each drawer. I cleaned out the fridge. I scoured baseboards. I wiped down doors and walls. I’ve never done this without also moving.

Choosing to stay still takes effort.

Investing in your life right now – exactly as it is – isn’t easy.

You look at the flaws, you look at the problems, you know the issues that can be covered up by superficial layers. You look at it all and you say this is worth my time. There is still more for me to do here. You aren’t waiting for the next move, you aren’t holding out for the perfect house, you aren’t depending on newness to bring relief. You dig down and stay put.

As much as I would love to never move again, as often as we say we are staying in this little house forever, there will probably come a day that we find a new home to invest in. But for now, for this summer for sure, we won’t be relocating. We’re putting down roots, for a little longer at least, and we will invest in the life that in front of us.

You Might Also Like

169 Comments

byIndiaBlue
    August 26, 2016 at 10:16 am

May your roots be nourished and you continue to grow. It looks like a wonderful place, take a while to enjoy it. x

Tony Burgess
    August 26, 2016 at 10:16 am

I have moved several times as a married person. We have been in the same place for over 10 years and that is a good thing. I doubt I have it in me to relocate again.

sweetgeorgiapam
    August 26, 2016 at 10:20 am

Wow, I love this post! You’re so right; it takes effort and intention to stay put and to choose one place to stay. Now, you’ll get to grow in lots of new directions and dimensions. Nice going (or should I say Nice Staying)!

NANDINI.S
    August 26, 2016 at 10:31 am

I share the same feelings… Very well written

timGothic
    August 26, 2016 at 10:40 am

awesome piece…good rendering of emotion.

GlamourPrin
    August 26, 2016 at 10:42 am

aww reading this brought back memories of me moving with my family. I’ve actually lost count the amount of times I’ve moved I do know I moved around 16 schools so you will probs get an idea 🙂 .. Moved from one country to another , then from Scotland to Birmingham and it went on and on .. it was tough , just when you start to fit in and make friends , find your way to the store without getting lost its like oh guys pack you’re stuff we’re going somewhere else . I completely understand what you feel and that you want to settle down but then you are not 100% sure if that’s the right decision.. Well i don’t know if its my place to say but just a little bit of advice .. I’d stay in the same place for sometime its nice to get to know the place and people around you and not always be the “new person” on the street or in work lol .. And then later if you feel its time to move then why not .. I’m turning 24 and finally settled – i was like mum .. no more moving :’) .. Btw the pics are great !

September 6, 2016 at 10:11 am

Thanks for your thoughts – 16 schools is A LOT! Blessings on your settling!

GlamourPrin
        September 7, 2016 at 6:06 am

It really was lol . Thanks 🙂 i defo will be staying put for a while 🙂

shellsstudio
    August 26, 2016 at 10:45 am

Sometimes you might be chasing something that doesn’t exist, like the perfect house or job or town. It might be right there in front of you, and if you don’t take the time to discover it you will be searching forever. I hope you can find what you are looking for in your new surroundings!

September 6, 2016 at 10:12 am

You’re right, perfection is elusive. Thanks for stopping by!

dawnkinster
    August 26, 2016 at 11:05 am

This is excellent. I too moved every year for years and years and years, from college until I got married in my30s. I married a man that has lived in only 2 places. His childhood home and the home he bought when he got out of the army. So he has had to adjust to my wanderlust…and I have had to learn to be happy where I am.

September 6, 2016 at 10:14 am

I have a bit of wanderlust too! Hoping to satiate desire by exploring my surroundings rather than running past them onto something else. It’s tough!

Miguel Olmedo Morell
    August 26, 2016 at 11:25 am

If I found a place as beautiful and cosy as yours, I wouldn’t want to move, either!

thebeautyofdestruction
    August 26, 2016 at 11:28 am

Hi! I’m just like you in that I’ve spent almost half my life moving. I’ve moved every other year from birth, and even though I now live outside my parents’ home I’ve kept up the tradition, having three different homes since moving out at this time two years ago.

I imagine it would feel nice to sit still. I feel like I’m always moving toward something.

Being present is an eternal challenge.

Thank you for writing this. <3 🙂

September 6, 2016 at 10:15 am

Presence is so hard! But I think it can be practiced whether moving homes or staying put! Thanks for stopping by!

Vinny Idol
    August 26, 2016 at 11:37 am

I envy you. I moved so much as a kid, that i hate moving to this day.Now Im an adult, and I still move too much. Id give anything to stay in one deceent city and state, and never move again until im rich. Great Post.

September 6, 2016 at 10:16 am

Moving is hard – no matter how often or normal it is! Thanks for reading.

Vinny Idol
        September 6, 2016 at 10:33 am

Thanks for the response and the great writing.

theindiangirl
    August 26, 2016 at 11:54 am

It looks beautiful, nice

ellenbest24
    August 26, 2016 at 12:26 pm

I wish you well, and for however long forever is life is too short not to sometimes stop and see the magic. X

TheOriginalPhoenix
    August 26, 2016 at 1:17 pm

Sometimes it’s important just to appreciate what you have and take peace in that. I’ve found it often brings more peace than trying to fix every little thing. The key is acceptance I guess.

September 6, 2016 at 10:18 am

Yes, I believe you’re right. Especially acceptance manifesting itself in gratitude.

Hopeless Romantic
    August 26, 2016 at 1:25 pm

Absolutely loved this read.

keatlaretswe
    August 26, 2016 at 1:34 pm

Congratulations on your new home and new beginnings. Wishing all the best. Great post.

A Traveling Bond
    August 26, 2016 at 1:50 pm

I really enjoyed this. I have moved 13 times. Sometimes different countries, different states and several times within the same state. I always have said I want to settle down and plant roots; but now even with being married and a child I still have the itch to keep on moving. I am just satisfying my urge with traveling.

September 6, 2016 at 10:19 am

Traveling does help – I understand the itch though!

Reads & Reels
    August 26, 2016 at 1:57 pm

Great piece and congrats on putting down roots 🙂

yunwin
    August 26, 2016 at 1:58 pm

What is a home? Where do we find a home? Who is home? Home can be in the middle of the road to free yourself. Home can be locked in your mind. Home can be the four walls of the bathroom, home can appear in front of you with lights welcoming you from above, home is the sanctuary of warm subway station, home…My home is tranquility in state of mind.

The Equalified Engineer
    August 26, 2016 at 2:24 pm

What an uplifting and inspiring post, thank you and good luck!

oliviavickson333
    August 26, 2016 at 2:28 pm

I love this #staying and #stable #happiness

scrambledrobin.com
    August 26, 2016 at 3:44 pm

I love this post, because I can relate to it so well..
    When I was a child, I was constantly moving around. Sometimes we would live in as many as three houses within a single year, sometimes I was shifting between towns, parents and grandparents. When I grew into an adult, I was so used to that “pick up and go” lifestyle, that I couldn’t handle being in the same place for too long. We’d settle in somewhere for a year, and then I’d get antsy… had to pack up and go again.
    I can’t even say when that need to go really changed for me. All I know is that I’m not looking for home anymore, because I have it with me everywhere I go, in the form of my family. Because they are home, because they are sanctuary, my surroundings no longer unnerve me when they become too familiar, and I’m finally settled.
    Anyways, great post.

kirkhsmith
    August 26, 2016 at 4:17 pm

Having lived in 6 states and 3 countries with moves in between, I can relate and appreciate your post. Well written.

sharnleeee
    August 26, 2016 at 4:55 pm

Um, I love this entire post. So well written.

Rina Martins
    August 26, 2016 at 5:02 pm

This is an amazing post. I’ve traveled all my life, so I know how it is. Although I have not settled down yet, but will soon, I know how relieving it is to at least stay a few years in a place. I expect to move one more time before settling down and starting my life for good in one place. Your post just made me look at my dream with a renewed vision.
    Thank you.

Khushaal Sharma
    August 26, 2016 at 8:33 pm

amazingly written!! Hats off!!

almostliving
    August 26, 2016 at 9:53 pm

I’m 20 and this is my first summer moving away! I’m looking forward to being in California for this year, thank you for sharing your story and I wish you and your family the best wherever you are!
    J

Niigata journey
    August 26, 2016 at 10:05 pm

Imagine the feeling if the place you lived were truly yours. Keep on searching until you find the place that makes you dream of setting down roots.

Choosing to Stay | Cleaning Service in the Stockholm
    August 26, 2016 at 10:27 pm

[…] Source: Choosing to Stay […]

lovethyselfkimberlybillingslea
    August 26, 2016 at 10:37 pm

I completely understand the feeling of moving. I wish you the best.

lacywilsonart
    August 26, 2016 at 11:07 pm

I read this at exactly the right time. We are choosing to move. And I am desperate for the time when we get to stay. 🙂

moriahelizabeth
    August 26, 2016 at 11:55 pm

Oh this is so good!! I am in the middle of moving back and forth from school and a family move at the same time, so this really hit home for me right now. I’ve had to learn to invest in every single moment I have, not just the ones where my stuff is all in order and in one place. Thanks so much for writing this! This was beautiful!

September 6, 2016 at 10:21 am

Yes – I think investing in each day, regardless how far or close you are to perfection, is so important! Thanks for your words, Moriah!

Sai Bryan
    August 27, 2016 at 3:09 am

Beautiful house 🙂

tessbloggs
    August 27, 2016 at 3:44 am

Beautifully written, and I can really relate to this, so thank you 🙂 x

Jem Mathewson
    August 27, 2016 at 6:51 am

Really loved reading your story. Sounds like you just may! stay a while
    Hope so Enjoy !

Choosing to Stay — Ordinary Epiphanies | tintinlilword
    August 27, 2016 at 8:05 am

[…] via Choosing to Stay — Ordinary Epiphanies […]

Sebastian
    August 27, 2016 at 8:45 am

For someone like myself who values travel and – by definition – movement, staying put is one of those things which always caused me pause. But one day I hope to find that right place. 🙂

September 6, 2016 at 10:24 am

I think a combination of movement and holding still is ideal.

Liz
    August 27, 2016 at 11:48 am

When I applied to take the bar exam at the age of 49, I had to list every job I had held and every address I had lived since age 18. I believe there were 14 addresses. It was my dream to have enough permanence in my life to live in one place long enough to plant perennials and actually see them bloom year after year. Still working on that.

September 6, 2016 at 10:32 am

14 addresses! Wow! I can’t keep track of my zip codes – do you have that trouble? I planted annuals this year – that was a huge step in permanency. Who knows when perennials will happen!

particlewoman
    August 27, 2016 at 12:21 pm

This is really beautiful, I’m so glad I came across this post! I love the “i carry your heart with me” wall hanging you have too.

September 6, 2016 at 10:33 am

Thanks! It’s my favorite wall hanging too!

willsonmanlymannan
    August 27, 2016 at 12:22 pm

Bright & beautiful

September 6, 2016 at 10:33 am

Thank you – bright is my idea of beautiful! =)

faithnlove925
    August 27, 2016 at 12:53 pm

Moving is a great decision according to the change of circumstance or life. I didn’t have so much times of moving in both South Korea and US. I am still single, my parents are still working in nearby, and anything else? Even though I have a little bit of complain about my town, I love to stay in here for 9 years!!

faithnlove925
      August 27, 2016 at 12:56 pm

And I forgot to say this, “You have a wonderful house and nature!! Keep up the good work” 🙂

September 6, 2016 at 10:34 am

Thanks for your sweet words! Yay for reaching nine years in your town!

blogmefast
    August 27, 2016 at 1:07 pm

i applaud your attitude. i found with time that moving from one place to place can be a waste of time and therefore money. i am sure that i have spend a fortune that way. but i can’t go back, it is done now. you have chosen at an early age to create your roots and that the sooner the stronger they are.

September 6, 2016 at 2:11 pm

Moving costs add up quickly! Thanks for your comment!

harsh_hrs
    August 27, 2016 at 1:22 pm

Very well written!

izsmiller
    August 27, 2016 at 2:22 pm

It’s good to know that you’re staying. Congratulations on your new home! Let this new beginning be a fruitful one. Wishing you the best all the way from the Philippines! x

pilottales
    August 27, 2016 at 4:13 pm

I can relate to it having moved constatly in the Armed Forces and finally having moved across the globe, from India to Canada. We hope too that we will finally stay here for good…… our Dream home !! But still ….. you never know !!

jadedgrowth
    August 27, 2016 at 9:43 pm

I wish this was my case. Omg congratulations! Its sooo comforting to have a home and actually feel like it’s home because you could live ANYWHERE and still feel homeless. May the universe bless you and your new home. You are just like a star placed in the sky now. One day i hope to be in your place. Good luck!

liveonborrowedtime
    August 28, 2016 at 12:13 am

I relate to this so much, especially the piece about “depending on newness to bring relief”. It’s so easy to forget about your problems or the the things that aren’t perfect when you’re in the middle of the change that comes with moving. It can become such a form of escapism. Not sure if that’s how you meant it, but it certainly resonated with me. Thanks for the thoughts!

September 6, 2016 at 2:06 pm

Yes – I think this is exactly true. Facing reality rather than escaping to something new is hard, but so worth it.

jobleyy
    August 28, 2016 at 12:26 am

You inspire many..finding a place to settle for home isn’t that easy as it may look..thanks for the post

September 6, 2016 at 10:35 am

It isn’t easy, mostly because there are so many wonderful places in this wide wide world! Thanks for stopping by!

Anne McCarthy
    August 28, 2016 at 12:37 am

I’m doing the same – making the choice to stay. Oh it feels so wonderful to know a place and feel known within it. Enjoy the little wonders of staying 🙂

September 6, 2016 at 10:36 am

To know a place and be known within it! I love this, and I love that we’re both moving toward this ideal.

Joanna
    August 28, 2016 at 6:10 am

Looks like you have a pretty white house for a home 🙂
    I enjoyed reading your blog, particularly this post. I had several nods while reading it! haha I had a similar dilemma about going versus staying, only in a different context. You helped me become more comfortable of my decision to stay rather than run away. In this life, staying can still be nice and good even amidst uncertainties. We just have to see with eyes focusing on the good than the bad 🙂

Looking forward to more posts from you! <3

September 6, 2016 at 1:37 pm

There is so much good! Thanks for commenting, Joanna!

Searching Savannah
    August 28, 2016 at 7:15 am

Love your post! We have moved so many times, for work, for the area, different states, that people always ask if we are military. Love your little space and your writing is fabulous! Enjoy!

contradictory
    August 28, 2016 at 7:34 am

Very beautifully written: choosing to stay still takes a lot of effort. Thanks for sharing your words!

Aashvika Rathod
    August 28, 2016 at 12:01 pm

Beautiful house
    Just like a dream house
    Lovely post
    👌👌👌👌👌
    ☺☺☺☺☺

dfordani
    August 28, 2016 at 12:57 pm

Happy for you. Wishing you best of luck. Sometimes moving around is not for everyone and glad you found an option that worked best for you.

September 6, 2016 at 1:40 pm

Yes it is working, at least for now!

sprinklemepink
    August 28, 2016 at 5:38 pm

Love this Im a newly wed and worry about all of the above on a daily basis. Im learning to let go of the steps you “should be” doing next and just embrace being married and what is meant for you wont pass you! Good luck in your new beautiful home 🍀x

September 6, 2016 at 1:41 pm

Yes – there seems to be many “should be’s” imposed on newly weds. Embracing what we have is so important (and sometimes very hard!)

tvogan
    August 28, 2016 at 5:50 pm

Nice read. Enjoyed this

Mountain Goat
    August 28, 2016 at 7:27 pm

Being in a profession requiring me to move every couple of years has broaden my hobbies and refined my ideas of what home really is. Your choosing to stay affords deeper roots and stronger connections well worth investing in. Great post, thanks for making us revisit our perception of home.

September 6, 2016 at 1:41 pm

Thank you! Yes – I’ve definitely noticed my hobbies changing depending on where I’m living!

Susan Leighton
    August 28, 2016 at 10:54 pm

Liked the blog, Greer. Congratulations on your decision. My husband and I are still looking for that place to put down roots.

writegill
    August 28, 2016 at 11:24 pm

A delightful read – may your home always be blessed, wherever it is.

September 6, 2016 at 1:42 pm

Thank you – blessings to you as well!

Fatema
    August 29, 2016 at 5:29 am

Very well written post! Hope you njoy every bit of ur life spend in your new home!

amrutaencounters
    August 29, 2016 at 8:35 am

Reading ur post makes me long for my house too. Congratulations on new beautiful house!!!

Happyyou
    August 29, 2016 at 8:47 am

Nyc post..and amazing place

coffeewriteblog
    August 29, 2016 at 10:03 am

I wish you good luck in you new adventure!!! 🙂
    I’m still not in my twenties and moved to another country in another side of the world and in the new country we move every year to a new city (something like sever eight times) and as a girl it was so hard making new friends because you knew you will go away. Finally now we have a steady home where we live 4 years already and soon I know that my adult life will start and the chase after a home will begin : )
    loved the pictures by the way :3

September 6, 2016 at 1:43 pm

Thanks so much! Life is a crazy adventure, for sure!

Kitty
    August 29, 2016 at 10:28 am

Yours is a beautiful message: it’s ok to stay. The grass is not always greener…. in fact yours looks the greenEST! Haha. I’m so happy that you are happy, and isn’t it a peaceful feeling to know you can settle down? I enjoyed your post. Thank you.

September 6, 2016 at 1:44 pm

Hah, yes – I do have pretty green grass. At least in the summer. (Perks of not being a homeowner – our landlord’s keep a very pretty yard!)

Choosing to Stay — Ordinary Epiphanies – Roy saurav
    August 29, 2016 at 11:05 am

[…] via Choosing to Stay — Ordinary Epiphanies […]

dailydoseofscriptureblog
    August 29, 2016 at 4:56 pm

“This is worth my time. There is still more for me to do here.”

It’s true, isn’t it? When you find something that’s precious, you fight for it. Fight to maintain it. Whether it’s a family, a dream, a relationship, a lifestyle. If it’s worth it, we have to choose to keep it. That’s what this made me think of. Thanks for posting. 🙂

September 6, 2016 at 2:04 pm

Thank you for your thoughts! Glad you stopped by!

Angy
    August 29, 2016 at 4:56 pm

Your home is lovely, I like it! Specially the garden!
    I hope one day say the same with my own “my home forever” =)

Firespinning
    August 29, 2016 at 4:57 pm

Great 🙂 Always appreciate what’s in front of your

365rantsperyear
    August 29, 2016 at 6:10 pm

I have only moved three times in my life, but I’ve always had that bug to go new places and discover who I might be if I took more opportunities. I love that this post shows the flip side of adventure and celebrates planting yourself in one place long enough to experience a different type of growth. Best wishes in your new adventure of staying!

September 6, 2016 at 2:04 pm

Yes – I think both moving and staying provide us with good opportunities to grow!

wordsfromayeshasmind
    August 30, 2016 at 4:41 am

I’ve never experienced much moving, although it’s bound to happen eventually. When I do I expect feels of excitement, closely followed by unease.

bothsidesofthewire
    August 30, 2016 at 5:16 am

I enjoyed this post….great read.

Stuart M. Perkins
    August 30, 2016 at 5:55 am

Great post! Loved this one.

jey2016
    August 30, 2016 at 7:35 am

whoa. Its a relaxing home you choose. Best of luck. Great piece

exoticnita54
    August 30, 2016 at 8:22 am

Nothing like stability

womaniya returns
    August 30, 2016 at 9:23 am

I have felt the same, when need to move from from my parents to my own pg.

Wolfepack Adventures
    August 30, 2016 at 10:04 am

So beautifully said 🙂

Reagan_Kwete
    August 30, 2016 at 2:20 pm

Reblogged this on Diary_²5⁴📒.

kels07
    August 30, 2016 at 3:10 pm

like your house

Choosing to Stay — Ordinary Epiphanies | ~The Pink Lemonade Ladies~
    August 30, 2016 at 3:12 pm

[…] via Choosing to Stay — Ordinary Epiphanies […]

Daal
    August 30, 2016 at 9:56 pm

Home is where my loved ones are. But its nice to have a good place to stay too.

Ice
    August 31, 2016 at 6:43 am

Good for you. I want to stop moving too… I feel like I have not planted my roots yet and the time is ticking. Have a good life with your husband and future family. 🙂

September 6, 2016 at 1:50 pm

Thank you! I think the important thing is investing where you are TODAY – whether or not it is your final destination.

ngozicole
    August 31, 2016 at 8:35 am

This is so beautiful! I CAN RELATE. I’m in the process of thinking whether to move away from home (again!)

September 6, 2016 at 1:50 pm

Thank you! Blessings on your journey!

soulofthethirdeye
    August 31, 2016 at 11:34 am

Amazing choice of words. The fact that you’ve compared these small instances with real life situations is truly remarkable! Great going!
    Please check out mine 🙂

Cleoschen
    August 31, 2016 at 3:03 pm

I have the same problem…i have unrooted myself across continents,and now i jus cant part with my apartment. I have to sacrifise 2 hours on the train to get to work, but i just cant leave yet.

yuma45
    September 1, 2016 at 4:07 am

amazing 😁😁

stylementorblog
    September 1, 2016 at 10:38 am

Great post! I to have moved often. It’s funny when realize you don’t just move furniture when you are moving on but to clean.

September 6, 2016 at 2:01 pm

I know – deep cleaning for the sake of cleaning was a new thing for me! Thanks for stopping by!

John Wesley
    September 1, 2016 at 3:25 pm

Thanks for sharing. That’s a cute little homestead you have.

BeautyInABlemish
    September 2, 2016 at 12:54 am

Great post, Moving isn’t always a good thing, moved from the United Kingdom to the United states and had to live out of my suitcase before getting furniture. Made me hate moving, there is nothing I love more than having a bedroom with everything in place, having a home I know I am not going to be leaving anytime soon.
    🙂

September 6, 2016 at 2:00 pm

Living out of a suitcase is the worst. It is a wonderful feeling when everything has a place!

BeautyInABlemish
        September 6, 2016 at 4:30 pm

Exactly never doing that again except for travel! 😌

September 19, 2016 at 10:17 am

I think travel can satisfy my desires for new sights too!

jennieclevingergmailcom
    September 2, 2016 at 1:53 am

Moving is scary and alot of work. I am 50 yrs old and thinking about moving back to my home state. I have a home I truly like but I have only lived in this state 15 yrs and it just doesn’t seem like home. So, I really understand about wanting something different but also needing to find happiness in your current town or state. Good Luck

shrika173
    September 2, 2016 at 6:32 am

Beautiful and calming place😘
    Ever since I wanted a house as this

Mr.Obeezy
    September 2, 2016 at 12:11 pm

This is great piece…u a wonderful write. So simple in structure, yet breath taking…coool

kristamil
    September 2, 2016 at 8:20 pm

Such a beautifully written snapshot of a moment!

Simply Sil
    September 2, 2016 at 8:24 pm

Beautiful! There is nothing wrong with “staying still”. We live in a world where we’re always pushing forward and forget to live in the now and to focus on the present. I was guilty of this for most of my adolescent and adult life and am just now learning to “stay still”. Great post! Enjoy your home & this new journey!

September 6, 2016 at 1:54 pm

Staying still is so hard! Our culture is definitely one that emphasizes movement.Thanks for your comment!

rokopuq
    September 3, 2016 at 7:28 pm

Beautiful house.

Hayley Maguire
    September 5, 2016 at 1:21 am

Choosing to stay is tough after continued movement. It’s something I’m trying and it does feel good. Enjoy putting down roots in your new home.

September 6, 2016 at 1:55 pm

Thanks Hayley – it is a hard thing to do, especially when we’ve been conditioned to be on the move.

Floralmemorials
    September 5, 2016 at 1:21 pm

Big choice, your choice, enjoy the choice!

teri again
    September 5, 2016 at 5:51 pm

Wonderful story…very uplifting.

saundersjordan7
    September 6, 2016 at 4:07 pm

I love this story! I have lived in Golden, CO for the past 22 years and I just moved to Wheat Ridge, CO which is only 10 minutes from Golden but surprisingly the move was time consuming and I had to get used to all the new places to shop and eat around me. I am also writing a blog right now about Buena Vista go check out it once it is posted!

September 19, 2016 at 10:18 am

I love Golden! I hope your transition is going well!

nzilanijess
    September 7, 2016 at 4:37 am

Awesome place

Sky is the limit to emotions
    September 9, 2016 at 1:11 am

a wonderful essay during the times where almost everyone is running to achieve something it needs courage to stay .
    you just got yourself free from the competitive world ; life will be peaceful..

September 19, 2016 at 10:13 am

Thank you so much! Yes – staying put requires much courage!

21student
    September 10, 2016 at 12:10 pm

I love what I have just read. Great !!

crazybeautifulsexy
    September 10, 2016 at 4:55 pm

I absolutely relate to the constant urge moving presents; a quick escape to new and exciting, but by staying and hanging around in something you’ve selected for yourself and you’ve fell in love with, you’ll benefit in the long run. It’s so hard to envision a future you can actually see, where as its so easy to plan a future you can’t! I am hoping to finally settle down and stay sane in the same place for a while as well! Here’s to staying put!

September 19, 2016 at 10:10 am

“It’s so hard to envision a future you can actually see, where as its so easy to plan a future you can’t!” What a great way of phrasing that – I’ve never realized that before, but it is so true!

spardha.k
    September 10, 2016 at 5:51 pm

Great one

BIODIVERSITY
    September 18, 2016 at 4:00 am

[…] via Choosing to Stay — Ordinary Epiphanies […]

zozieposie
    September 20, 2016 at 1:46 am

Hope you enjoy your home

lolospaintbrush
    September 28, 2016 at 6:01 am

I can relate so well to this! I have moved back in forth 4 times in the last year in a half and it had been nothing but crazy. We are moving 2 more times in the next 6 months. Of course it will eventually slow down but it’s extremely important to my hubby so it’s important to me. Moving with our daughter definitely adds some difficulty but I am so thrilled about being able to show her more of the world than I was able to witness growing up. I’m excited to see it too.

Kelly
    March 18, 2017 at 8:33 pm

So glad that I found this! I’ve also moved (both major and minor) every year for the past 5 years and this year is turning into a moveless year. Kind of happy but kind of scared about being 25 and starting to think about settling down. It’s nice to know that I’m not in that boat alone!

vitamine für haarwachstum
    April 26, 2017 at 10:02 am

A motivating discussion is worth comment. I do think that you ought to
    write more on this topic, it may not be a taboo matter but generally people
    do not speak about such subjects. To the next! Kind regards!!